This course helps teachers who have not organised a trip before gain an understanding of what running an educational visit involves and the resources available to help them. The course includes:
1. Planning your trip
- Overview of the key risk factors involved in running a trip, how to effectively manage the safety of your group and how to meet LEA, Governor’s and Parent’s approval;
- How to select an appropriate external trip provider and what questions to ask.
2. Safety and Risk
- Current Guidance and Resources (inc. BS:8848, OEAP);
- Safety Management overview – learning from recent incidents, national bodies, your school/organisation’s policies, guidance and resources available;
- Risk Assessment – risk analysis and introduction to risk assessment, identifying hazards, how to create your own Risk Assessments;
3. Crisis Management
- Crisis Management – set up and structure;
- Serious Incident – Live role-play scenario.
Additional Workshops which can be included in a full day session:
- Cultural Awareness & Responsible Travel
- Setting up your own Risk Assessment procedures.
- Leadership and teamwork - managing teams and issues, example scenarios.
£450+VAT per half day or twilight training session + travel expenses – up to 40 staff
£600+VAT per full day session + travel expenses – up to 40 staff
All of my colleagues were enormously impressed by the outstanding INSET training led at our school. It was a very high standard and the group work proved to be interesting and well organised. The most important aspect of the day was the Trainer herself, she demonstrated outstanding professional knowledge balanced with warmth and good humour. We have no hesitation in recommending her to other schools.”
Christian Daw, Deputy Head Co-Curricular, St James Girls School, London